2022 International Macro Business Simulation Competition
- Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Youth Association
- Hong Kong Business Simulation Association
- Icetech Hong Kong Co. Ltd.
- China Council for the promotion of International Trade
- ConceptFound Group
- Top-BOSS International Corp.
- Hong Kong Metropolitan University
- Proactive Think Tank Limited
- Angel Investment Foundation
- Association of IT Leader in Education
- Greater Bay Area Hong Kong & Macau Talents Association
- New Soho New Life Association
- Association of Great Bay Accountants
The 2022 International Macro Business Simulation competition is converged for all undergraduate students of Hong Kong, China, Macau, Thailand, Taiwan, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Vietnam and Singapore.
This competition is a business simulation competition in team format of 4-5 students from the same University to run a virtual enterprise competing with other virtual companies being run by other teams. The contestants of each University are required to form their own teams with their same University students to join the competition. The competition uses “MBS” software as the designated competition platform. Overseas teams would join the competition via oneline and onsite for Hong Kong students at Hong Kong Metropolitan University.
The overall objective of the business, within this simulation scenario, is to achieve the highest score throughout 6 rounds of game on a ‘balanced scorecard’ and the performance of interview by the judges. The balanced scorecard is designed to provide a summary of the overall business performance for a given period as well as measuring the current profitability of the business. The scorecard contains key elements which drive the total score for your team. The major element to evaluate each company performance is the net present value (NPV) for certain period cumulated dividends and net income, other elements such as profit margin, current ratio or ROE etc. will be described before the competition. (60%)
The second part of the scorecard is the presentation after the simulation, the top 5 winning teams are required to prepare the presentation report to illustrate their business decision and the score will be given based on the following criteria with respect to the presentations: (40%)
- Market Analysis
- Evaluation of Feasible Alternatives, Solutions
- Implementation of Action Plan
- Each team shall consist of min 4 or max 5 undergraduates from the same University
- Participating teams (HK & Overseas) will be divided into 5 groups based on eBalloting. Each group shall not have more than one team from the same University.
- Each team is required to submit a team photo of the size (1600 pixel x
- 800 pixel 72dpi – file size around 4.63M)
- The scoring KPI will be given in 2 weeks before the competition.
- The top highest 5 score teams of each group after 4 rounds of game can be progressed to the Grand Final.
- The second part of the Grand Final is the presentation after the game, 5 teams are required to prepare the presentation report to illustrate their business decision and the score will be given by honorable judges based on their presentation performance.
- The final result is subject to the total highest score of simulation game & presentation.
- Participants are responsible for installing the required Zoom software on their devices and be within the coverage of internet network allowing high speed data transfer for the purpose of smooth audio/video conferencing.
- All participants are required to log in from the device with properly working Video Camera connected or built in their devices and use a headset and be in a quiet space for better audio quality.
- Champion： HKD20,000
- First runner up: HKD10,000
- Second runner up: HKD5,000
- Organizer logo and representative’s signature will be endorsed on the certificate.
- All participating teams will have the printed certificates
1)Competition Date/ Time：11 Jun 2022 (Sat) / 09:15 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
2)Open For Registration: 7 Feb 2022 (Mon)
3)Briefing Session: 24 Feb 2022 (Thur)/ Online
4)Deadline of Registration: 06 Mar 2022 (Sun)
5)First Workshop: 08 Mar 2022/ Online (Tue) –1st Workshop
6)Second Workshop: 15 Mar 2022/ Online (Tue) – 2nd Workshop
7)Third Workshop: 22 Mar 2022 Online (Tue) – 3rd Workshop
8)Fourth Workshop: 29 Mar 2022/ Online (Tue) – 4th Workshop
9)Fifth Workshop: 5 Apr 2022/ Online (Tue) – 5th Workshop
10) eBalloting Date: 12 May 2022 (Thurs)
11)Zoom link for all briefing/ workshop and eballoting